Monday, June 23, 2014

Spicy or Bland: Which Is It?

You know whether or not your relationship with God is on fire or if it is dry and crusty like a stale piece of bread. I used to be on the crusty side of things, but now that I'm living, eating and breathing in the land of bread pudding; my relationship with God has moved from dull and mundane to passionate and spicy! 

Every day I asked God for more seasoning. I know that he is always available and ready and willing to speak to me, but today my heart is open to touching his more than it was yesterday. And as I continue to seek him, my hunger and thirst for him grows more! Even as I'm writing that some of your skeptical because you've tried to press into God and were not able to sustain your efforts. God is the only master chef, and he knows just what you need!

The advice that we receive regarding having successful relationships is to listen and be open. Never give up on that person and keep trying to understand and know them. I think this is fruitful advice that can be applied to fostering a deep relationship with God.

What you will begin to notice, once you are serious, is that you will desire to pray, listen to him more, sing in his presence, and read his word more. And all of this begins with asking the Lord to show you more of him. In doing that, you are asking  for more of God, meaning that you won't be drawn and carried away by your own desires because your true hearts desire is to know him more. When you want to know him more, he's on the top of your list! There Is nothing better than him. This doesn't sound like drudgery at alll. 

Haven't you heard the saying that seeking God will cost you? For sure, the initial investment does take discipline and the willingness to set aside time. But once you begin to do that, you will begin to see your life changes and you will not miss the things that you stopped doing so you could spend more time with God. In my case, I'm just watching TV last and I'm listening to the word more and listening to God more. I'm honestly not missing out on anything! I am passionately in love with Jesus more and more every day. What about you? Do you need to stop what you're doing right now and asked the Lord for more? Is he truly the number one thing in your life that you desire? Only you can answer these questions. The Lord always has more for us, all we have to do is ask him to spice it up! The passionate pursuit of God is always rewarding!

No comments: