Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 16: Psalm 16 - God Chose You!


Good Day,

Psalm 16 -The Message (MSG)

A David Song
 1-2 Keep me safe, O God, I've run for dear life to you.
   I say to God, "Be my Lord!"
      Without you, nothing makes sense.

 3 And these God-chosen lives all around—
      what splendid friends they make!

 4 Don't just go shopping for a god.
      Gods are not for sale.
   I swear I'll never treat god-names
      like brand-names.

 5-6 My choice is you, God, first and only.
      And now I find I'm your choice!
   You set me up with a house and yard.
      And then you made me your heir!

 7-8 The wise counsel God gives when I'm awake
      is confirmed by my sleeping heart.
   Day and night I'll stick with God;
      I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go.

 9-10 I'm happy from the inside out,
      and from the outside in, I'm firmly formed.
   You canceled my ticket to hell—
      that's not my destination!

 11 Now you've got my feet on the life path,
      all radiant from the shining of your face.
   Ever since you took my hand,
      I'm on the right way.

Psalm 16’s Questions and Thoughts to Ponder:
11. In verses 1-3, David writes about how nothing makes sense unless God is in his life and that he loves that he is surrounded by godly friends. How do you compare your life and friends with David’s?
22.  In verses 5-6, what is so cool about David and God’s relationship? Did they choose each other?
33.  Have you ever chosen to love someone, but they did not return this love? Isn’t it amazing that God chooses us first and then we get to choose him back?
44. Verses 7-8, says I will stick with God and find wise counsel day and night with Him. Do you have the same determination?
55.  Verses 9-10, say that the Psalmist is happy inside and out. Who or what makes that happen for us? (God)!
66.  Verses 11-12, talk about the Psalmist (David) being on the right path. Whose doing is it? What is the key?

Please take the time to reflect and comment:
When you go to comment, you can choose anonymous and then sign your name at the end of you post, or you can set up a Google account. The first choice is easier! I recommend that you work in Word or Word Pad first; then copy and paste it in here. Feel free to email me @ illyguana@hotmail.com with any questions you still have or concerns. You can also send me a message in FB to Illy Reich!

No comments: