Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 62: Psalm 62- Ever Get Shaken Up and Wonder Why?

Dear Readers,

Ever get shaken up and wonder "why is this happening to me"? Your train of thought might be “I’m a Christian; so why all the trouble?" The Bible tells us not to think that it is odd if we have trials (1 Peter 4:12). In fact, Hebrews 12:27 tells us that the things that can be shaken will be shaken so the things that can’t will remain. Psalm 62:2  tells us that “I (we) shall not be greatly shaken”. The word “greatly” is an adverb. It tells us an amount or measure. So, we know that we will be shaken but not greatly.  God will never give us more than we can handle (I Corinthians 8:13), but He is at work in us perfecting us.

Try to learn from every shaking you encounter. What is not of God or the character traits associated with the trial that are not, allow God to refine you and remove those things that are not of God.

Finally, if you are being shaken, you are doing something right. You are the devil’s radar because you are out working for God. It’s a beautiful thing when God even uses what the enemy wanted to use for evil for good (Genesis 50:20). Also, God wants your fruit to grow and remain. He has to prune you (June 15). So, you might say, "I'm getting it from both sides".Yet, God is always working. Even if you feel like a milkshake, don’t forget who is shaking you up and using all things to bring you to completeness (Romans 8:28).

So, we wait and trust in God. We search our hearts. We reflect on the trials and situations that are happening around us. We ask God want He is removing and shaking (things that are not of God, weaknesses, sin, etc) and what is He strengthening and make stronger (your fruit). This is a perfect time to ask God to reveal to you what He is shaking and fortifying!

Psalm 62

English Standard Version (ESV)

My Soul Waits for God Alone

To the choirmaster: according to Jeduthun. A Psalm of David.

62 For God alone my soul waits in silence;
    from him comes my salvation.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.
How long will all of you attack a man
    to batter him,
    like a leaning wall, a tottering fence?
They only plan to thrust him down from his high position.
    They take pleasure in falsehood.
They bless with their mouths,
    but inwardly they curse. Selah
For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,
    for my hope is from him.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
On God rests my salvation and my glory;
    my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
Trust in him at all times, O people;
     pour out your heart before him;
    God is a refuge for us. Selah
Those of low estate are but a breath;
    those of high estate are a delusion;
in the balances they go up;
     they are together lighter than a breath.
10 Put no trust in extortion;
     set no vain hopes on robbery;
     if riches increase, set not your heart on them.
11  Once God has spoken;
     twice have I heard this:
that power belongs to God,
12     and that to you, O Lord, belongs steadfast love.
For you will render to a man
    according to his work.

Please take time to reflect about this Psalm. What is God speaking to you?  Feel free to email me @ illyguana@hotmail.com with any questions or concerns. You can also send me a message in FB to Illy Reich (Frontline-student Ministries)!

No comments: