Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 67: Psalm 67- Does God Smile Upon You?

Dear Readers,
Psalm 67 is a song of praise, but reads like a prayer too.  It extends out to the corners of the earth spreading hope to all who love and worship God! It is a prayer for all humanity.

I love verse one because it is asking that God’s face would smile on us and favor us. Isn’t that what we all want? I want God to look down from heaven and smile because He is proud of me. I hope for God’s favor because I have caught the glimpse of His gaze. But I also want Him to look down at the earth that He has saved and see His glory and splendor. I hope that He will bless us because we have made Him smile, and  I desire for there to be a great harvest soon.

When God looks down from heaven, do you think He smiles at you?  Why, or why not?

Psalm 67 -New Living Translation (NLT)

For the choir director: A song. A psalm, to be accompanied by stringed instruments.

May God be merciful and bless us.
    May his face smile with favor on us. Interlude
May your ways be known throughout the earth,
    your saving power among people everywhere.
May the nations praise you, O God.
    Yes, may all the nations praise you.
Let the whole world sing for joy,
    because you govern the nations with justice
    and guide the people of the whole world. Interlude
May the nations praise you, O God.
    Yes, may all the nations praise you.
Then the earth will yield its harvests,
    and God, our God, will richly bless us.
Yes, God will bless us,
    and people all over the world will fear him.

Please take time to reflect about this Psalm. What is God speaking to you?  Feel free to email me @ illyguana@hotmail.com with any questions or concerns. You can also send me a message in FB to Illy Reich (Frontline-student Ministries)!

No comments: