Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 70: Psalm 70- Is God On Time?



Dear Readers,
David writes Psalm 70 to help people remember. Everyone needs reminding from time-to-time. When we get in a pickle, we can get caught up in what is going on, as well as what others are saying about us or trying to do to us. I remember what is was like going to high school; I hated all of the drama. It made it hard to focus on God sometimes because I felt overwhelmed. And who wants to be teased and called four-eyes all the time?

Verse five is the most important verse in this Psalm because it says “God is my helper….. don’t be too late.” He has put his trust in God. He is hoping beyond hope that God will not be too late. The Bible tells us that our times are in His hands. This means we can trust that God is in control and that He will never be too late. He will be right on time!

Psalm 70 -Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

To the director: A song of David to help people remember.

70 Please, God, rescue me!
    LORD, hurry and help me!
People are trying to kill me.
    Please disappoint them.
    Humiliate them!
They want to hurt me.
    Make them run away in shame.
May those who make fun of me
    be too embarrassed to speak.
But may those who come to you
    be happy and rejoice.
May those who love being saved by you
    always be able to say, “Praise God!” [a]
I am only a poor, helpless man.
    God, please hurry to me.
You are my helper, the one who can save me.
    LORD, don’t be too late!


Please take time to reflect about this Psalm. What is God speaking to you?  Feel free to email me @ illyguana@hotmail.com with any questions or concerns. You can also send me a message in FB to Illy Reich (Frontline-student Ministries)!

No comments: