Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 41: Psalm 41- A Cycle of Praise Works!


Dear Friends,
David prayed this prayer and or wrote this Psalm when he was sick and in need of God’s help. He begins with a praise and exhortation, next he runs the gamut of complaints and concerns, and returns to praising God at the end.

After his praise and confession of God’s goodness, David writes about how even his best friend has turned against him (v9), that his friends are there ONLY  to gather gossip and not to actually see him (v6), and they say terrible things about him and think the worst of him (v7).  After reading this Psalm, I was comforted that David has encountered some of the same things we have; but once again, he sets a perfect example when he feels helpless, sick, and in trouble.

How easy or hard is it to begin with praise, take your cares to the Lord, and then end with praise?

Psalm 41 -Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

41 Those who help the poor succeed will get many blessings. [a]
    When trouble comes, the LORD will save them.
The LORD will protect them and save their lives.
    He will bless them in this land.
    He will not let their enemies harm them.
When they are sick in bed,
    the LORD will give them strength and make them well!
I say, “LORD, be kind to me.
    I sinned against you, but forgive me and make me well.”
My enemies say bad things about me.
    They ask, “When will he die and be forgotten?”
If they come to see me,
    they don’t say what they are really thinking.
They come to gather a little gossip
    and then go to spread their rumors.
Those who hate me whisper about me.
    They think the worst about me.
They say, “He did something wrong.
    That is why he is sick.
    He will never get well.”
My best friend, the one I trusted,
    the one who ate with me—even he has turned against me.
10 LORD, please be kind to me.
    Let me get up, and I will pay them back.
11 Don’t let my enemy defeat me.
    Then I will know that you care for me.
12 I was innocent and you supported me.
    You let me stand and serve you forever.
13 Praise the LORD, the God of Israel.
    He always was, and he always will be.
Amen and Amen!


Please take the time to reflect and comment:
When you go to comment, you can choose anonymous and then sign your name at the end of you post, or you can set up a Google account. The first choice is easier! I recommend that you work in Word or Word Pad first; then copy and paste it in here. Feel free to email me @ illyguana@hotmail.com with any questions you still have or concerns. You can also send me a message in FB to Illy Reich!

No comments: