Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 54:Pslam 54- Is God Your Helper?


Dear Friends,

I like Psalm 54 because it testifies of God being at work.  Verses 1-2 are a cry out to God for help. The Psalmist writes a few lines down, “Oh, look! God’s right here helping” (vv 4-5).  True, the Psalmist seems to be in a heap of trouble, but God is there helping. I don’t know about you, but that is exactly what I needed to hear today. We should not lose heart; instead, we should remember that God is always on the way with help.  Verses 6-7 tell us that He gets David "out of every scrape" and he is ready to worship. It says, "now!".

If we cry out, He does answer prayer! If we cry out, we are ready to worship! Don’t forget; God is your helper! Don't walk by feelings. Put on some praise music and stir yourself in the Lord. He is there! Take one step away from the trouble (sadness, bad news, depression, etc) and take one step towards God. He is awaiting you with open arms. God is your helper!

Psalm 54 -The Message (MSG)

 1-2 God, for your sake, help me! Use your influence to clear me.
   Listen, God—I'm desperate.
      Don't be too busy to hear me.

 3 Outlaws are out to get me,
      hit men are trying to kill me.
   Nothing will stop them;
      God means nothing to them.

 4-5 Oh, look! God's right here helping!
      God's on my side,
   Evil is looping back on my enemies.
      Don't let up! Finish them off!

 6-7 I'm ready now to worship, so ready.
      I thank you, God—you're so good.
   You got me out of every scrape,
      and I saw my enemies get it.

Please take the time to reflect and comment:
When you go to comment, you can choose anonymous and then sign your name at the end of you post, or you can set up a Google account. The first choice is easier! I recommend that you work in Word or Word Pad first; then copy and paste it in here. Feel free to email me @ illyguana@hotmail.com with any questions you still have or concerns. You can also send me a message in FB to Illy Reich!

No comments: