Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 53:Psalm 53- Does God Look Down to See if There Are Any Who Seek Him?





Dear Friends,
Psalm 53:2 tells us that God looks down from to heaven to see if there any wise (CEV) or understand and seek God. Verse four says, “They never call on God”. So, if we are not calling on God for help, either we don’t understand, we are too proud, or we choose not to; in short, this means that if you don’t call on God for help, you are foolish.
The world wants us to think that God doesn’t answer prayers. Hollywood shoves down our throats through movies the following message: There is no hope in God. Worse yet: God doesn’t answer prayers. For example, the movie Grey is about a bunch of men who are involved in a tragic plane crash in the vast and barren lands of Alaska. In the end, the main character calls out to God for aide and is then eaten by a wolf. He is the last one left and found himself in the center of their den.
 I discussed this movie at length with my father after we watched.  We were going to have some great philosophical debate about it. Before it started, I asked, “Is this like the movie Alive and the people eat each other?” The movie started and ended, and I didn’t get what we were going to debate about.

It’s a movie dad (I thought). He went on about existentialism. I felt dumb when I went to bed, but now I understand. I still hold to my own opinion. I am at the mercy of God in every situation. God is bigger than any situation. Though I may be in a wolves’ den, God is still able and greater. If He does not deliver me from that pit and I die because that was His plan and not my own, I am still delivered to Him in heaven. It's not up to me; it's up to God.

So we should always call on God for help-no matter what. We shouldn’t buy the lies thatHollywood so easily sells us. Remember to keep your mind and heart on the truth. Don’t be foolish! Call on God! Keep seeking God. He is looking for a people who are wise and know to see and call on Him!

Ps. This is another one of my favorite Psalms!

Psalm 53 -New International Version (NIV)

The fool says in his heart,
    “There is no God.”
They are corrupt, and their ways are vile;
    there is no one who does good.
God looks down from heaven
    on all mankind
to see if there are any who understand,
    any who seek God.
Everyone has turned away, all have become corrupt;
    there is no one who does good,
    not even one.
Do all these evildoers know nothing?
They devour my people as though eating bread;
    they never call on God.
But there they are, overwhelmed with dread,
    where there was nothing to dread.
God scattered the bones of those who attacked you;
    you put them to shame, for God despised them.
Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion!
    When God restores his people,
    let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+53&version=NIV

Please take the time to reflect and comment:
When you go to comment, you can choose anonymous and then sign your name at the end of you post, or you can set up a Google account. The first choice is easier! I recommend that you work in Word or Word Pad first; then copy and paste it in here. Feel free to email me @ illyguana@hotmail.com with any questions you still have or concerns. You can also send me a message in FB to Illy Reich!

No comments: