Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 43: Psalm 43- Looking Up, Down, or Around?


Dear Friends,
Psalm 43 points us to look up. This is a common theme in the Bible. I think it may be because as humans, we are more likely to look to the world, our pocket book, friends, things, and stuff….. to meet our needs. God knew that we would revert back to some of the above because we often forget to look to God for help.

I don’t care what the situation is that you may be in. Ask yourself, “Is God able to help me?” The answer should be yes! God never intended for us to walk through this life alone. He sent us his Holy Spirit to be present and living in our hearts, leading and guiding us on an upright pathway. However, when we get distracted, overwhelmed, and or caught up in circumstances of life, we can become over burdened. In fact, you may even be so distracted that you did not realize where you are looking. If you are looking to things or people to help you, be careful. Man will let you down, but God won’t ever! So look up and out of your garbage heath. Say to yourself, “I am looking up to God, so things are looking up too”! If you fix your eyes on God, soon you will be praising (v5)!

Psalm 43 -The Message (MSG)

 1-2 Clear my name, God; stick up for me against these loveless, immoral people.
   Get me out of here, away
      from these lying degenerates.
   I counted on you, God.
      Why did you walk out on me?
   Why am I pacing the floor, wringing my hands
      over these outrageous people?

 3-4 Give me your lantern and compass,
      give me a map,
   So I can find my way to the sacred mountain,
      to the place of your presence,
   To enter the place of worship,
      meet my exuberant God,
   Sing my thanks with a harp,
      magnificent God, my God.

 5 Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul?
      Why are you crying the blues?
   Fix my eyes on God—
      soon I'll be praising again.
   He puts a smile on my face.
      He's my God.

Please take the time to reflect and comment:
When you go to comment, you can choose anonymous and then sign your name at the end of you post, or you can set up a Google account. The first choice is easier! I recommend that you work in Word or Word Pad first; then copy and paste it in here. Feel free to email me @ illyguana@hotmail.com with any questions you still have or concerns. You can also send me a message in FB to Illy Reich!

No comments: